The top of Pollok Beach, spelled without a “c”, with the lollipop beacon in the background.
Pollok Beach was named after the Hotel Pollok that used to stand where the present Summer Seas complex is today.
As development slowly started to happen in Summerstrand in the 1920s, Mr. J. Graham Wilson took advantage of a stipulation that this specific site could be developed as a hotel and constructed Hotel Pollok. Being Glaswegian, Wilson spelt the word Pollok without a “c” which was the custom in Glasgow, his home town. This hotel was officially opened for business on the 28th October 1926. The hotel’s name was later changed to the Summerstrand Hotel.