Standing at the bottom of Walmer Boulavard is one of two mosques that survived the demolition of old South End. In the early 1890’s Imam Jalaludien Abrahams, together with his trustees, set about the task of having a mosque built as this was much needed in the area then. In 1893 the land was transferred to the Trust and the Mosque of Righteousness was completed in 1894.
- Post author:fitravel
- Post published:October 4, 2010
- Post category:Uncategorized
- Post comments:1 Comment
- Reading time:1 mins read